The decision of the Election Commission to hold the Assembly election in five phases in November-December in Jharkhand has been appreciated by the citizens.
“This will help organise the poll peacefully”, said Naushad Alam echoing the sentiments of a dozen citizens jharkhandstatenews.com talked to to know their opinion.
Facts made public by the Election Commission are:
– Counting will be held on Dec 23.
– Jharkhand will go to polls in five phases – Nov 25 (Phase 1); Dec 2 (Phase 2); Dec 9 (Phase 3); Dec 14 (Phase 4); Dec 20 (Phase 5).
– Model code of conduct comes into force with effect from today.
– Paper voter slip will be provided in Jharkhand.
– NOTA option will be made available in Jharkhand.
– As many as 24,648 polling stations will be in Jharkhand
– EPIC coverage in Jharkhand 99.06%; in J&K 91%.
– Total number of electorate in J&K – 72.25 lakhs; in Jharkhand – 207.44 lakhs.