To begin her journey from the national capital today,she spoke at the National Science Centre (NSC) in Delhi.
If her speech can be put in bullet form,take these observations as her’s:
- I had samosas in space.
- I took a copy each of the Upanishads, the Bhagvad Gita to reflect and read.
- I am lucky to have a husband and family who have been very supportive.
- I have never been told I can’t do anything.
- Parents were huge role models.
- When I went to space for the first time, I was very nervous. It’s a hugely complicated process. but it is something I wanted to do.
- From space I have seen the whole of India.
- My father is from Ahmedabad. So I have seen that part of India. In this trip, I’m excited to see eastern side of India. I have never been there. Also I want to go to the mountains
- I will be working in Russia for about a year now.