As the President’s rule is about to be lifted,politicians of all hues have sought to occupy the centre stage.While the JMM-Congress-RJD and their allies are busy forming the government led by Hemant Soren,the BJP-All Jharkhand Students Union and others are gearing up to play the role of Opposition in Jharkhand.
The President’s rule was imposed in this state on January 18,after JMM led by Soren toppled the Arjun Munda government by withdrawing its support.Almost six months later,many politicians have gone on record criticizing the President’s Rule. “We demand a white paper showing how many murders,rapes and transfer and postings of officials took place during this period”, says BJP’s spokesperson Amarpreet Singh Kale.
“The development works were badly hit”,says Jharkhand Vikas Morcha’s Babulal Marandi.Identical opinions were expressed by AJSU leader,Praveen Kumar.
In public,opinion is divided, with some criticizing it while others hailing it.
Ram Manjhi,a cobbler,who sits along the main road near Bata show room,has his own concerns.When asked for his reaction on formation of a new government led by Hemant Soren,he said, “No matter who leads the government,my life will not change.One good thing during the President’s rule was that siren blowing vehicles were very few.Now their number will multiply creating terror in the chaotic traffic of Ranchi.”
Behind these opinions lies some indisputable facts showing the state government led by Governor Syed Ahmed,his Principal Secretary NN Sinha together with a hard working team of Advisors-Madhukar Gupta and K.Vijay Kumar in league with senior officials especially Chief Secretary RS Sharma,Principal Secretaries JB Tubid, Rajbala Verma,Santosh Kumar Satapathy,Mridula Sinha,Sukhdeo Singh and Vimal Kriti Singh did memorable works during the past six months.
These works include:
1. Unbundling of Jharkhand State Electricity Board
2. Formation of a company to implement Swarnarekha Multipurpose Project
3. Jeevan Asha project for malnourished children launched
4. Making Aadhaar mandatory for delivery of services and conducting transactions
5. Approval of establishment of Online Payment Gateway, SMS Gateway
6. Selection of Stockholding Corporation of India for doing e-stamping, which will replace the antiquated system of purchase of preprinted stamp papers
7. Ensuring that all blocks and circle officers have either a BDO and CO or a BDO-cum-CO, all districts and subdivisions have adequate number of executive magistrates and all district level posts such as District Supply Officers, District Land Acquisitions Officers etc. are largely filled up.
8. Emphasis on formation of service rules for all the cadres
9. Sanction for creation of Jharkhand Urban Infrastructure Development Corporation
10. Land for IIM
11. Free govt. land for National Highway Authority of India for four laning/widening of National Highways--------------------------Advertisement--------------------------