Hemant Soren government is trying to empower women farmers with an aim to improve agriculture by adopting new techniques and technology.

The trainers have been busy increasing the female workforce in the state's agricultural sector. Under this initiative, the women SHGs are being provided with Mini-Tractor and Power-Trailers. SHGs of different districts have been provided with Mini Tractors and Power Trailers said a statement from the state government today. It adds:“Ensuring distribution as per the target.”

For the FY 2020-21, the government has allocated a budget for 380 Mini tractors and 94 Power trailers which will be distributed across 24 districts. Till now, 57 Mini-Tractors and Power-Trailers have been distributed among SHGs of 7 districts. 

Among these, Gumla with 16 tractor distributions tops the list whereas 10 tractors were distributed in Lohardaga, 9 in Ranchi, 8 in Ramgarh, 6 in Giridih and 4 each in Dhanbad & Khunti districts.

Intending to create a sustainable environment for this initiative, the government is providing training to the members of SHGs. The women members of SHGs are being trained for the operation of mini-tractor and Power-Trailers.

About 90% of the cost of these machines is borne by the government and the remaining 10% is being paid by the Women SHGs. Soon the government will also start distributing other modern agricultural equipment to SHGs. 

-----------------------------Advertisement------------------------------------Abua Awas Yojna 

must read