*Picture shows migrant workers arriving at Hatia railway station only to be welcomed by the Hemant Soren government on Friday night.
"We remained mute", said a migrant worker with tears rolling down his face as he reached home today. His tears were a symbol of his happiness for reaching home safely.
His sentiments are symptomatic of feelings shared by hundreds of them who travelled by a special train from Lingampally to Hatia on Thursday/Friday.
Alongside, Hemant Soren government backed by the Centre had been markedly successful in welcoming them at the Hatia railway station.
The administration had followed a minute-to-minute 'Johar'( welcome) function organised by Ranchi Deputy Commissioner Rai Mahimapat Ray.
1) Train reached Chakradharpur, Jharkhand at 8 pm. Packed Dinner was served to all workers on the train there. Food was checked and sent from Ranchi
2) Upon arrival, each migrant worker was welcomed with a mask and a flower.
3) Thermal Screening was conducted along with registration of workers plus videography of the entire process.
4) 60 buses, all sanitized, were with 25-28 seating ensuring physical distancing measures in each bus, for onward movement to respective districts, for 1200 workers.
7) Upon arrival in the districts, each worker went through medical screening and then stamped for home Quarantine or sent to institutional Quarantine.
8) Over 200 member team including admin officials + health workers & medical screening teams were present at Hatia station.
9) 200 member police force will also be present to ensure all norms are followed at the station till buses were departed.