Several trains have either been cancelled or their routes changed in Jharkhand.
This was due to Wednesday night , January 26 blast triggered by Naxals on a railway track in Giridih district of Jharkhand. The track damaged after a huge explosion at Chichaki and Karmabad railway stations near the Dhanbad railway division.
Reports said that after the blast, many trains have been suspended on the Howrah-Gaya-Delhi rail route. Trains have been diverted to various other routes by the Indian Railways as a safety measure.
Rajesh Kumar, CPRO of East Central Railway,said that the blast took place between Karamabad-Chichaki station in Dhanbad division around 1:30 pm. Following the information, operations on the incoming and outgoing line on the Gomo-Gaya (GC) section of the Howrah-Delhi rail route have been suspended due to security reasons. However, there were no damages at the site.
Trains cancelled on Thursday:
- 13305 Dhanbad - Dehri On Sone Express
- 13306 Dehri On Sone - Dhanbad Express
- 03546 Gaya - Asansol Passenger
-03553 Asansol - Varanasi Passenger
Trains that have changed route:
- 22824 New Delhi – Bhubaneshwar Rajdhani Express
- 12314 New Delhi – Sealdah Rajdhani Express
- 12302 New Delhi – Howrah Rajdhani Express were diverted via DDU – Gaya – Pradhan Khanta via DDU – Patna – Jhajha
- 12816 Anand Vihar - Puri Express was diverted from Koderma - Gomo via Hazaribagh Town - Barkakana
-12826 Anand Vihar - Ranchi Jharkhand Sampark Kranti Express was diverted from Koderma - Rajabera via Koderma - Hazaribagh Town - Barkakana
- 12307 Howrah - Jodhpur Express and 12321 Howrah - Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus Express will start journey via Pradhankhanta - Gaya - DDU via Jhajha - Patna - DDU
- 12312 Kalka - Howrah Express and 12322 Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus - Howrah Express DDU - Gaya - Gaya-Patna-Jhajha was run instead of Pradhan Khanta.