After TMC strongman Anubrata Mondal’s arrest in a cattle smuggling case, Enforcement Directorate has summoned eight IPS officers of West Bengal to New Delhi.
They were given a week to abide by the ED’s summon. These IPS officers of the WB cadre include Sukesh Jain, Gyanwant Singh, Rajib Mishra, Shyam Singh, Selva Murugan, and Koteshwar Rao.
All of these IPS officers have been summoned in a coal smuggling case. Even the dates of some of the officers who have been summoned to were given:
• DIG Civil Defence Shyam Singh: August 24
• ADG IGP , IB Rajiv Mishra: August 26
• ADG STF Gyanwant Singh: August 22
• SP WBPRB Tathagat Basu: August 30
• DIG Traffic Sukesh Jain: August 29
• SO (HQ) ACB WB Koteshwar Rai: August 23
• SP Purulia Selva Murugan: August 25
• SP (CIF) Bhaskar Mukherjee: August 31
Some of the IPS officers were summoned last year also. According to reports, they were deputed in the area where illegal coal mining and smuggling was occurring. ED investigations revealed that the IPS officers were aware of the coal smuggling racket but took no action, reports added.
The state woke up to major developments after the CBI arrested senior Trinamool Congress leader Anubrata Mondal from his residence here for allegedly not cooperating in its probe into a cattle smuggling case.