V.K. Bist took over the charge of NABARD Jharkhand Regional Office as Officer–in–charge on 09 May 2022 on account of the transfer of Dr. Gopa Kumaran Nair G, Chief General Manager to NABARD, Kerala, Regional Office.
Mr Bist has a Master’s degree in Fisheries Management from Bombay University. He joined NABARD as an officer at Punjab & Haryana Regional Office in the year 1988.
During the last 34 years of his service, he has served in the Regional Offices of Punjab, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Assam, and Uttarakhand in various capacities. He has also rendered his services as a Faculty at National Bank Staff College, Lucknow.
After reporting to Jharkhand RO, he took stock of various promotional and developmental interventions by NABARD in the State. During interaction with the officials of the RO, he urged the staff and officers of the Regional Office to work as a team for the development of Jharkhand and ensure that the deserving farmers and rural people in the State get the services required for their upliftment.
He emphasized the formulation of an appropriate strategy for increasing the business avenues to cater to the needs of rural folks in the State. He also emphasized providing KCC to all eligible farmers in the state.
He outlined his priorities for the State:
• Increased dialogue engagement with State Government
• Increased support for Infrastructure to State Government
• Increased presence in the field of Natural Resource Development – Watershed and spring shed development, Orchard/ Vegetable based livelihood program under Tribal Development Fund, Skill based training, Development of handloom & handicraft, Farmer Producer Organisations (FPOs), providing marketing support for Farm and Non-farm produce.
• Development of co-operative sector including computerization of Primary Agri Credit Societies (PACs).
• Financial/ Digital literacy programs.