*Pictutre shows JMM supporters celeberate victory in assembly by polls in Silli,Gomia
The ruling BJP has suffered a major blow by getting defeated by its main opposition party -Jharkhand Mukti Morcha in the bypoll of two Assembly seats in Jharkhand.
JMM won both Silli and Gomia assembly seats in Jharkhand bypolls.In Silli, the ruling BJP's ally AJSU's president and Ex CM Sudesh Mahto was defeated by JMM's Seema Devi, wife of Amit Mahto,JMM MLA who was convicted and jailed in a criminal assault case.
In Gomia, JMM's candidate Babita Devi defeated AJSU candidate Lambodar Mahto by 13000 votes.Sadly, the BJP's nominee,Madhav Lal Singh stood third on the seat.
The defeat of the ruling BJP led by Chief Minister Raghubar Das was mainly attributed to unity among the opposition parties including the Congress and the RJD.
None of these parties put up candidates against the JMM while the BJP's ally AJSU contested the poll and not only divided its electoral base,but ensured it gained third position in the by poll.
Even in other by polls,the ruling BJP failed to gain success. For instance,RLD candidate Tabassum Hasan defeated her nearest rival, BJP’s Mriganka Singh by over 55,000 votes to win Kairana Lok Sabha bypoll.
* BJP's Rajendra Gavit wins Palaghar Lok Sabha bypoll by 29572 votes, defeats Shiv Sena’s Shriniwas Wanga
* BJP candidate trailing by over 40,000 votes in Kairana (UP) Lok Sabha byelection
*With one more round of counting to go, BJP’s Rajendra Gavit leads by 29574 votes in Palghar Lok Sabha bypoll
* NCP leading by 20,583 votes in Bhandara-Gondiya (Maharashtra) Lok Sabha bypoll
* BJP wins Tharali (Uttarakhand) assembly seat by over 1,900 votes
* RJD wins Jokihat (Bihar) assembly bypoll by over 41,000 votes
* Trinamool Congress wins Maheshtala (West Bengal) assembly seat by a margin of 62,000 votes
* Congress wins Shahkot(Punjab) by margin of 38,802 votes
* Seema Devi of JMM defeats nearest rival Sudesh Mahto of AJSU for Silli assembly seat (Jharkhand) by 13510 votes
* Congress candidate Muniratna has won by 41,162 votes from Rajarajeshwari Nagar (Karnataka) assembly